|Lolla 2012 - L-R: me, Erin, Alex, Megan & my sis Abbey|
Having attended the fest for so many years I'd like to think I can offer a bit of advice for those newbie festival goers out there - or perhaps the seasoned vets who need a gentle reminder...so here goes:
- Friday is supposed to be stormy on & off - in case it actually does rain, remember the following:
- Poncho/light jacket
- Plastic baggie for iPhone/electronics (learned my lesson the hard way in Costa Rica)
- Wear shoes you won't freak over if they are destroyed in the mud that you know will consume Grant Park
- Ladies - I know rompers can be fun & fashionable festival outfits, but they are only a good idea in theory. Think about those port-o-johns you know & dread...then think about having your entire outfit around your ankles, resting on the wet-with-god-only-knows-what floor...NO BUENO. Leave the jumpers at home.
- Each night this weekend is supposed to see temp drops close to 60° - unless you plan on the beer or your drunk significant other keeping you warm, pack a light sweater or hoodie to throw on later.
- "Better safe than sorry" as my dad always says...well, he has a point. I've actually known people (aka seen with my own eyes) who have had LOLLA wristbands not scan correctly, meaning no entrance unless they have that little email showing their proof of purchase. Locate it & have it accessible if need be.
- If you have beer koozies at home throw 'em in your purse or bag. They cost a few bucks at Lolla and you're gonna wish you had one - odds are you've got at least 3 of them lying around your apartment somewhere.
- Remember, it goes: tall boy, boxed water, REPEAT - don't even get me started on those water bottles of red wine...
|The 3 Muskateers of Lolla: my sis Abbey, me & Erin|
Lastly, let me share with you some of my picks for Lolla shows this year - the bands listed in bold = MUST SEES! (for me anyway ☺)
Friday August 2nd - Smith Westerns, Atlas Genius, Houndmouth, Father John Misty, Band Of Horses, Thievery Corporation, Imagine Dragons, Chance The Rapper, Frightened Rabbit, Hot Chip, The Killers
Saturday August 3rd - The Bright Light Social Hour, Shovels & Rope, Ben Howard, Local Natives, The National, The Lumineers, Mumford & Sons
Sunday August 4th - Wild Belle, Two Door Cinema Club, Alt-J, Grizzly Bear, Beach House, Vampire Weekend, The Cure
HAPPY LOLLA-ING TO ALL!!!
※ ※ ※