August 26, 2013

A Little Time in the Country

I traveled back to Iowa this past weekend to hang with family.  Friday night led us out to my aunt & uncle's farm in Shellsburg where yard games, a pig roast, gigantic bonfire & some s'mores makin' ensued.  My sisters & I also took a nighttime spin on the giant merry go-round, but quickly realized we were becoming dizzy much faster than we did two decades ago.  We followed my cousin's adorable little kids, Nadia & Nash, around the property as they led us to see the old red barn lit up at night.  Our attention quickly turned to the huge, orange-hued harvest moon to our left, sitting comfortably among thousands of stars in the sky.  Little miss Nadia gasped, "I've never seen the moon look like that before - we have to tell every body!"

I love being out in the country, feeling like you're in the middle of nowhere; a gentle reminder that there's a whole big world to discover out there...

"Wherever you are, be all there"
- J. Elliot

Little miss Nadia

merry go-round  #pumpfaster

uncle Gene & aunt Lynn posing with dinner | love these two! #pigroast #farmlife

Aunt Lori & I | Shellsburg, Iowa  #campfirevibes

my new whip | vintage car show | Palo, Iowa

※ ※ ※

No comments:

Post a Comment