July 31, 2013

Happy Anniversary to Me...

I can hardly believe that today marks the one year anniversary of city girl | country roots.  The past year has been the best year of my life so far, and I can’t imagine that most of it would've happened the way it did had I not found the courage and taken the steps to start this little ol’ blog... 


Today, I can honestly say that I am the most comfortable I have ever been in my own skin.  Sure, I have my insecurities like everyone else, but who I am at my core has never felt so right, and that feeling just keeps growing.  People, experiences, adventures & genuine connections are by far the most important things to me in this life and I have never felt stronger about that.  It’s about creating & living a life that feels good on the inside, not just one that looks good on the outside.  One of the best parts?  I've been lucky enough to spend time around some pretty incredible beings this past year who have only managed to further inspire me. Some of them have even made me blush by giving me the best compliment I could possibly imagine: letting me know they think I am a truly genuine & real person - a sentiment that shines brighter than diamonds or gold any day in my eyes.

It’s hard to imagine that I’d be the person I am today without all the experiences I've shared and those I've gotten to be part of through cg | cr.  Starting a blog is often a very personal and nerve-racking journey; it can be scary at times (hello critics), but overall I've found it to be an insanely uplifting, empowering & inspiring experience.  Some of the support I have received during this journey was almost selfishly expected, only because I recognize that I am beyond lucky to have an amazing family & some pretty incredible friends in my life.  But to those of you out there who may not count yourselves as family or close friends - even if we don’t know each other all that well, haven’t seen each other in years, or maybe have never even met - to those of you who took the time to reach out to me, to let me know how much you enjoy reading and to send words of encouragement like “keep it up, you’re doing great!” - well, YOU....you may never fully understand the magnitude of your words or how important & appreciated they truly are.  Your positivity has gotten me through some of the more challenging days that we all experience from time to time and it's pushed me to keep going with this endeavor - to explore creativity, awaken it from within myself & hopefully spread it to others along the way.  With each kind word you send my way my heart skips a beat and the biggest smile spreads across my face & doesn't leave for days.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

It has only been one year but I am already eternally grateful. I can’t wait to see what the future has in store - I'm going to keep writing, keep traveling, keep exploring, keep creating, keep connecting - and I'll share it here with anyone who feels like stopping by...

※ ※ ※

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of sharing personal things...I LOVE it Ashley! You really are so genuine and have a great writing voice. I cannot wait to see where CGCR goes too...you have accomplished so much in just 1 year!

    ReplyDelete