June 24, 2013

Caught in a Costa Rican Day Dream...

Well - I’m back from Costa Rica.  After a long day of traveling on Saturday - including missing a flight out of San Jose, re-booking, almost missing my connecting flight in Houston & finally landing in Chicago around midnight - I am still in a Costa Rican day dream.  I’m not sure that I can accurately describe the profound effect this trip had on me - on my view of life, on my heart & on my soul - it’s all been changed for the better. I was able to live life as a local; although we had some incredible excursions & adventures, this trip was not the least bit touristy, which is the way I’d always prefer an experience to be.  I met so many fun, interesting, kind & giving people - many Americans who have been living in Costa Rica for 5-10+ years, simply loving life & living in the moment.  They make a living out of the lush tropical surroundings and adventures found there, working & playing hard while enjoying a more simplified way of life.  I surely left a piece of my heart in Costa Rica - the biggest question that I’m left with now is, “When can I make it back there?” 

Thank you for checking back after my near 10-day absence on here - your loyalty is awesome & humbling.  This is just a quick check-in - there will be more photos to come, more about my adventures in Costa Rica & an introduction to some of the amazing new friends I made & places I loved - including some places YOU NEED TO VISIT if you ever make it to Costa Rica, and I sincerely hope you do.  Until then...here’s a few shots of the place that stole my heart

Stopping for a photo during the drive from SJO to Dominical

Practicing my headstand in our front yard overlooking Playa Hermosa

Playa Ventanas de Osa


※ ※ ※

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I found your blog because I love it! Costa Rica was one of my favorite places to visit. So glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete