June 15, 2013

La Vida Aventurera

Adios for now, my friends - I'm off to experience la vida aventurera - the adventurous life.

About a month ago I took a friend up on an offer that came about quite serendipitously; now my bags are packed & I'm filled with excitement as I prepare for a week-long adventure in Costa Rica.  I'm still saying "wow..."

My friend Amanda is already living la vida aventurera - after recently becoming a certified yoga instructor in Iowa, she's now residing in a house in Uvita, Costa Rica teaching yoga, loving life and surely learning a lot about herself in a place so beautiful & full of life.  I am fortunate & grateful that she has asked me to join her for part of this adventure - all it took was the mere mention of an offer and I was on board - no need to convince this girl.  I have the travel bug real bad right now.  Any spark of opportunity that crosses my path, well I'm gonna turn that spark into a fire & get my ass out there to see this amazing world.

Here's a peek at the house where I'm staying - Amanda sent me these photos & I think I actually screamed out loud with excitement...

Uvita, Costa Rica

View from the house | Uvita, Costa Rica

I also purchased my first pair of hiking boots for this trip and all the necessary hiking gear, as we'll be taking on the rainforest.  Just knowing my first hiking experience is going to be in the rainforest still makes me feel like I'm dreaming.  My time there will also be filled with a healthy amount of yoga, hammocks, beaches, swimming, indulging, rum, music, rain, warmth, dancing, nature, laughter & peace.  Wish me safe travels - I'll be anxious to share my experience with you all when I return.  I'll be posting photos every so often so follow me on Instagram to keep up!

Hasta luego - for now...

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment