June 9, 2013

Weekend Musings & a Side of #dailysoul

Hey all - hope you've had a lovely weekend.  This was my first weekend back in Chicago since mid-May and boy was it nice to just be home.  I looked forward all week to having a relaxing evening to myself Friday night, and that's just what I did.  I grilled myself a tasty little dinner, caught up with a couple different friends over the phone, then spent the evening enjoying some red wine while cleaning out my closet & drawers. Man did it feel good to purge & simplify like that.  Before I knew it I had eight brown paper Whole Foods bags filled with clothing & shoes for the Salvation Army and a huge smile on my face.

Saturday I was up early and started my morning with a run.  I have a favorite route that's about 5.25 miles and takes me by some of the best spots in my 'hood.  The city just has a certain buzz about it on Saturday & Sunday mornings, which makes me especially love this route on the weekends.  It takes me from my apartment in Lincoln Park to the Green City Market (love seeing people out supporting local!), past the Lincoln Park Zoo, over to the beach, along the lake and past the lily pond & several parks.  I took a photo from the running path along the lake and posted it to Instagram as part of a #dailysoul hashtag project my friend Mary Beth & a few other rockin' ladies came up with.  All you Instagrammers out there checkout their #dailysoul challenge here!

I cherish these runs ♥ #dailysoul

Saturday afternoon led me to good food, delicious sangria (made strongly by my dear friend Elizabeth), and great friends at the Old Town Art Fair & Wells Street festivals.  It was a beautiful day to spend outside, walking the charming neighborhood streets and listening to live music.  I ended the evening catching up with friends while sipping a finely made Old Fashioned at Scofflaw - by far one of my favorite cocktail spots in Chicago.

Me & two of my favorite ladies - Angie & Mary

My little sis Abbey & I at Old Town Art Fest

This morning I was picked up by my sister Abbey and we had ourselves a sista day!  We made our way over to Logan Square (so in love with that 'hood) and started the day with brunch at Reno (amazing wood-fired bagels), stops in little stores & then a stroll through the Logan Square Farmers Market, where I purchased basil & rosemary plants which are now sittin' pretty in my window sill at home.

Mmmmm Reno | Must go back

Sittin' pretty at la casa de Ashley

It's now Sunday evening and I sit here writing this post with windows open & sun shining in; once I finish writing I'm going to make an asparagus & goat cheese omelet for dinner & begin packing for my week-long retreat to Costa Rica (more on that later!) - yes, life is good and I am a happy girl.

❇ ❇ ❇


No comments:

Post a Comment