May 30, 2013

Say Hello...

I'm super excited to announce a new series I'll be posting here every so often that I'm calling Say Hello.
Say Hello will introduce you all to some pretty wonderful people doing some pretty wonderful things - specifically focusing on Iowans (my heart) and Chicagoans (my home).

The idea for Say Hello stems from my desire to connect with others, strengthen community & focus on positivity.  I've received so much encouragement and so many kind words since starting this little ol' blog almost a year ago, I feel that I owe it to all those who take the time to read to connect them on a deeper level with those who inspire me day in & day out.  This is my chance to introduce you to everyday people doing inspiring things, in hopes that you will take the chance to Say Hello...

So often in life we lose ourselves in the day-to-day motions and forget that we are all part of a community. No matter how big (the world) or small (your world), we should constantly be thinking about and contributing to the betterment of our communities.  One of the best ways to strengthen community (that also won't cost you a dime) is to cultivate connections & relationships with people.  This world is full of interesting individuals who have passions, goals, good intentions & wonderful ideas - who are also wonderfully supportive of others - but you may never know unless you make an effort to Say Hello.

I'll admit, I haven't always fully realized & lived life this way, but it's been abundantly clear to me for sometime now & just keeps settling in: life is all about the genuine experiences we allow ourselves to have.  It's not about things, money, labels, status or material possessions; it's about the people we are, the people we're becoming, people we meet, connections we make & the things we learn along the way.  It's these experiences and connections that will leave us feeling full & satisfied at the end of this delicious journey we call life.


My hope is that with each Say Hello piece I post, readers will be inspired, new connections will be made & communities will be strengthened.  If you know me personally chances are you've heard me say "stop by and say hello!"  Each & every time I utter those words I mean them.  By saying hello, you never know how you might connect or what you can discover.  Conquer your fears, be present in the moment & just Say Hello...

The first Say Hello piece will be up early next week so check back soon!

xo Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Yes!!!! Love it Ash! Cannot wait to see the first post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! I'm excited to get this series started - having drinks with you helped the inspiration along :) xo

      Delete