May 4, 2013

Derby Day

Happy Derby Day, all!  Maybe you have plans to get all gussied up today & head to a bar, charity event or Derby-themed party - or maybe you'll be watching the Derby from the comfort of your own home relaxing - either way I hope you have a wonderful Saturday!

It was a crazy busy at work this past week and there seems to be an influx of social commitments on my calendar lately - certainly not something I'm complaining about, but it sure can tire a girl out.  Thankfully I was able to recharge this morning - not by sleeping in - but by attending my first yoga class in quite a while...and oh how I missed it!  I already have 75 minutes of sweaty bliss under my belt this morning & man does that feel good.  I also made a healthy breakfast of kale, eggs + tomatoes when I got home that I enjoyed with a fresh-pressed cup of coffee w/ almond milk.  So.Good.

Kale + Eggs | sautéed kale, olive oil + garlic, poached eggs, fresh baby 
tomatoes, cracked pepper | pressed coffee w/ almond milk on the side

Now it's time to get myself ready to head to a 30th birthday party that's goin' down Derby-style - affectionately referred to as "Thirby" by the birthday boy & his guests - looking forward to what is sure to be a fun day.  In the spirit of Derby Day, I leave you with a photo a photo from the photo booth at the Children's Charity Derby Event I attended last year with a group of great friends - so fun :)

Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!

Ladies who Derby | Mary, Cindy, Elizabeth & me

No comments:

Post a Comment