March 1, 2013

Feelin' the Love

It's not even my birthday yet, but I'm already feelin' the love.  I turn 29 tomorrow...a little hard to fathom...my how time flies.  I'm a firm believer, however, that age is just a number and that every year we are given is another year to celebrate.  Each new year brings with it endless opportunities to meet new people, have new experiences, start new projects, go on new adventures & find new inspiration.  

Lately I've felt more inspired than I have in a very long time.  Not since my days in school - when I felt like anything was possible in my future - have I felt this optimistic.  My creativity has been reawakened & the juices are flowing.  I'm remembering why I chose to study art & design in undergrad and why I love to write.  I remember that I've absolutely loved to cook & bake since I was a little girl, and then I remember why I went for that Entrepreneurship Certificate in addition to my BFA.  I remember why I love making things for people & seeing the joy it brings them, followed by the feeling of contentment that rushes over me when I see the smiles on their faces.  

The inspiration that's flooded my life lately can largely be attributed to the many amazing, creative & damn good people I've met, spent time with or discovered over this past year. Some have been a part of my life since before I was born and others have joined me along the way.  Some only recently came into my life & there are those I admire from afar.  I am lucky to know some amazing souls & I will keep seeking out others. 

The other face of this inspiration is the feeling of finally getting to know myself.  Never before in my life have I ever felt more like the person I am supposed to be, and the feeling just keeps getting stronger.  It's the people & experiences I've allowed myself to be exposed to that have made me feel like me.  I don't know what the future holds but I feel it in my bones that I'm finally starting to head in the direction I was meant for. 

I'm telling you this but I'm also going to keep telling myself everyday: work hard, find yourself, find other people who inspire you, spend time with genuine souls, stop caring so much about conventionality, take risks and do a lot of things so you can find which ones make you the happiest, then work harder to make them part of your everyday life.  

Birthdays may not always bring you your favorite numbers, but they can make you feel loved and can even fill you with hope if you let them. 

29 - Let's do this.  I'm going to rock the shit out of you.


photo cred: http://tahitian-vanilla.tumblr.com/post/24013116519


2 comments:

  1. girl! i needed to read a post like this! so true, so inspirational and so well put! happy birthday my friend! cheers to 29! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I'm glad you were able to take something away from it - believe me, I needed to write it! Thanks for the birthday wishes dear - looking forward to seeing you again in DSM!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete