March 14, 2013

Good Food Festival - Chicago

It's almost St. Patrick's Day - we celebrate big time here in Chicago the Saturday before - and usually I'm up at 9:00 am throwing back green beers with them best of them, but this year is a little different.  This year my priorities revolve around my continuously growing passion for all things food: locally sourced products & ingredients, sustainability, quality produce, organic food & farming, chefs, artisans and Tiny But Mighty Popcorn - my Uncle Gene & Aunt Lynn's heirloom popcorn farmed & produced in my home state of Iowa.  This year I get to be part of the Tiny But Mighty team at the Chicago Good Food Festival - March 14-16 at UIC.  Buy tickets here & stop by our booth on Saturday to say hello - we love meeting new folks & introducing them to this über tasty treat!


If you haven't yet tried Tiny But Mighty you are missing out!  I've posted about it before, but I will continue to sing its praises and not just because I'm related to the farmer :)  I truly believe in the product and what it stands for.  The quality of the crop and the taste of the popcorn are like nothing else - trust me.  You can buy bags of kernels (all you'll need is canola oil & a bit of sea salt!) or buy it already popped in White Cheddar or Sea Salt flavors - sold online here or at any Whole Foods in the Midwest & Eastern regions of the US!

And don't worry - I'll find time to throw back some cold (and possibly green) ones post-fest :)

Farmer Gene, Aunt Lynn & I at Chipotle Cultivate Festival 2012


Me, Farmer Gene & my sis at the Chipotle Cultivate Festival 2011

My adorable & hardworking Aunt & Uncle at the TBM booth!


No comments:

Post a Comment