October 3, 2013

Tea Crafted for Cocktails? Meet Owl's Brew...

I had the awesome opportunity this past weekend to attend the Natural Products Expo East in Baltimore, where I also spent some time with my family as part of the Tiny But Mighty Popcorn crew (owners/farmers are my aunt Lynn & uncle Gene).  In between meeting all the wonderful fellow entrepreneurs, bloggers & buyers, I managed to make my way around the enormous show room floors to check out some of the intriguing products that were showcased.  One in particular that stuck out to me - not only for its concept, but the packaging & design totally caught my eye - was Owl's Brew artisan teas.  These teas are intentionally handcrafted & brewed for the purpose of being a cocktail mixer, specifically pairing well with vodka, whiskey, gin, rum, tequila & champagne.  Um...AMAZING.



Owl's Brew, based out of NYC, takes a fresh new spin on your traditional cocktail - but with their vintage, chalkboard-esque packaging it feels like these brews may have been hiding on the shelves of your local speakeasy all along.  With numerous inventive combinations, Owl's Brew offers up intriguing yet wholesome flavor profiles, such as the Coco-Lada - a fresh-brewed black tea with chai spices, pineapple & coconut paired with spiced rum, champagne or vodka; and the Pink & Black - a Darjeeling black tea with strawberries, lemon peel & hibiscus, paired with tequila, whiskey or vodka.  Is your mouth watering yet?




I had the chance to taste test an Owl's Brew cocktail for myself at the trade show, where the gals sampling actually paired my brew with beer - a Hoegaarden to be precise.  The combination of their tasty tea and one of my favorite ales actually surprised me in the best of ways.  After one sip I was sold.

Some bonus facts about Owl's Brew: not only are their teas sweetened with pure agave, which means they're naturally low in sugar, but this libation is likely to keep you on the hangover-free side of the fence due to its exceptionally hydrating properties (antioxidants, vitamins,  minerals & electrolytes) and all-natural ingredients.

The Owl's promise?  DRINK BETTER.  

The Owl's motto?  DRINK WISE.

╱ ╲           ╱ ╲



Check out Owl's Brew for yourself!
Website: http://theowlsbrew.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theowlsbrew
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheOwlsBrew 

Happy mixing!

※ ※ ※



2 comments:

  1. This is so cool!
    xx-Katharine
    http://livingsaseasyas312.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katharine! I definitely thought so too :) You should definitely try it out!
      xo Ashley

      Delete