September 29, 2013

Best of the Wurst: My Guest Post for the Wurst Festival 2013!

So...has it really been over 10 days since my last post? (eeek!) A lot has gone on over the past several days; other priorities stepped in and took my attention away from this place, this little world I've created as my outlet - my happy place.  I try to do my best not to let more than a few days go by between posts, but sometimes life gets busy, and I have to remind myself that that's OK.  I'm not one to glorify being "busy," but for me, busy can also mean taking time away from here and away from writing to relax (sip wine, cook, organize), to recover (currently coming off a five-day head cold), to travel (sparse internet connection) and to spend time with people I care about (unplug completely).  So yes, I have been busy - but I hope you'll understand and continue to check back regularly, because with a new month beginning tomorrow (I love fall!) I have some great stories, recipes & other fun tidbits I can't wait to share with you.

In the meantime, please check out the guest post I wrote last week.  My friends over at the Good Food Festival blog asked if I'd cover the first annual Wurst Festival that took place in Daley Plaza.  This Festival was a spin on your traditional Oktoberfest; the meats, 'krout, toppings & beer were all sustainable & locally sourced - and man were they delicious!  Check out the post here: http://goodfoodfestivals.com/blog/the-best-of-the-wurst-chicagos-first-annual-wurst-festival/

Wurst Fest!

Locally sourced Italian sausage + krout - too tasty
Until next time...
xo Ashley

1 comment:

  1. What a great opportunity Ashley! Love the "little bun, big wurst" :) Haha

    ReplyDelete