April 12, 2013

| New Life |

I'm hooked on what has got to be one of the best, most beautiful songs of all time - a little track titled "New Life" by the one and only Jim James. This song completely rocked my soul the first time I heard it, and I am in love with the simple, beautiful & quirky video that accompanies it.  I've listened to this song about a hundred times since I first discovered it a couple weeks back, risking burnout I know, but it's just that good.  

As James's hauntingly beautiful voice sings of stardust & new beginnings, you can't help but catch his happiness bug.  New life, in this context it seems, relates to love and the optimism that comes with it. Whether you interpret this love as partnership or friendship, James's words do nothing but inspire & assure you that if any type of love, meaningful relationships & new experiences are in the mix, you're onto something great.




Happy Friday, all!


open a door | take a journey | take a chance | take a chance on someone | reach out | get inspired | be open to new experiences let someone in | explore a spark | form connections | keep connections | be sincere | love | be grateful | be genuine | seek the good in others | be romantic | trust | be a good friend | be honest | be humble | be optimistic


~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment