April 11, 2013

Lula Charm

Last night I had the chance to dine at a quaint, smart & cozy little joint nestled in Logan Square by the name of Lula Cafe.  Lula has been open for over a decade now - not an easy fete in Chicago, but after tasting their seasonal, thoughtful dishes it's no surprise.  I was tickled pink as the rhubarb compote on my coconut sorbet to see the likes of that tangy & tart plant included on the menu, which changes seasonally.  Other ingredients that made a strong seasonal showing included beets with fresh dill, black trumpets & white asparagus, just to name a few.  The talented crew at Lula also make it a point to work with local producers, farmers & artisans to create their menus - focusing on seasonal, organic and locally-sourced produce.  The best kind there is.

| Lula |

I don't have photos of most of the dishes I ate last night, so I apologize, but it gives you more reason to head over to Lula for brunch, lunch or dinner to check it out for yourself!  This post goes out to my girl Alex - my foodie partner in crime whose birthday we celebrated last night at Lula - cheers to another great year full of laughter, great food & tasty cocktails! xo

Almond cake | Rhubarb | Coconut sorbet




No comments:

Post a Comment