November 28, 2013

Gratitude Beyond Measure

My heart is so full of new love & happiness, it feels like it might burst.  On Tuesday, November 26 at 6:29 pm, my beautiful niece Amelia made her grand entrance into the world.  And just yesterday at 2:15 pm, I got to meet her for the very first time.  Walking into the hospital room, tiptoeing over to her  nursery bed my eyes immediately welled with tears.  I just couldn't believe she was finally here.  This brand new, completely perfect little being - with a head full of brown hair and long eyelashes like my older brother.  So peacefully sleeping, she was completely unaware of all her admirers in the room.

My brother & sister-in-law and our entire family had so much to be thankful for already, but the birth of this healthy & beautiful baby girl has filled our hearts with so much joy and gratitude it's nearly impossible to measure.

This new Auntie is so, so thankful and happy - I hope you all are too.

holding my niece for the very first time

 ※


No comments:

Post a Comment