February 5, 2013

Memorable Monday

Mondays.  Whether you love them - or love to loathe them - sometimes they're great, sometimes they're bad & other times they're just ho-hum.  I myself am historically not a fan of Mondays, but lately I've been making a conscious attempt to be more positive in general about every day of the week - why discriminate?  Each new day is a new opportunity.  You have to take the good with the not so good & be thankful that you have another day to love, change, laugh, celebrate, recover, smile, move on, learn & have fun.  Yesterday - February 4th - was a particularly special & memorable Monday for me - here's why...



}  Monday, February 4th, 2013  {



} Marked what would've been the 62nd wedding anniversary of my amazing grandparents, Betty & Arnie Kluber {
Papa passed away on February 6th, 2009 just after their 58th wedding anniversary.  His kindness,
his love & his devotion to my grandmother & his family never ceased to amaze anyone. 

Arnie & Betty c. 1950  |  Des Moines, Iowa





Marked my 5 year anniversary at my marketing job in Chicago {
My how time flies...

 | These beauties sure do brighten up my office | 





Marked the first of many occasions celebrating one of my best friends getting engaged { 
Liz & I lived together for over three years not long after I moved to Chicago, and we have a special bond that will withstand the test of time.  I couldn't be happier or more excited for her & her new fiance!
Congrats on your engagement, Liz & Shane!!!  Cheers!

top: newly engaged Shane & Liz | left: Me & Liz as roomies c. 2008 | right: Liz & I on her birthday in January




} Monday.....you weren't so bad, afterall {



No comments:

Post a Comment