February 19, 2013

Dear Des Moines...


I think I have a crush on you. I know we haven't had the chance to be around each other all that much, but there's something that keeps drawing me to you. I spent the weekend getting to know you a bit better and, just as I suspected you would, you've left me wanting more. You're exciting yet mellow, brimming with wonderful people and a blossoming culture. You seem full of promise and you've got that endearing Midwestern charm about you. Of love and happiness people often say, when you stop searching, that's when it'll find you. Well I wasn't looking when I noticed you, and now I'm starting to think that some day down the road, you could be just what I need. Nothing is certain at this point, and only time will tell. I don't want to get ahead of myself because you never know what life may bring your way, but the prospect of you is certainly intriguing, a little scary, yet somehow comforting all at the same time.  

You're an Iowan, as am I, which means by default you already have a piece of my heart, and I'm looking forward to spending more time with you to see if the sparks still fly. Show me more of what you got, Des Moines - I'll be coming your way again in the spring and I can't wait to see all of your colors in bloom.

xo,
Ashley

Des Moines | Sunset

Amore | Kitchen Collage

Shout out to my grandma Betty | Exile Brewing

The Continental | East Village

Hill Vintage & Knits | East Village

Hill Vintage & Knits | East Village

Baby Norah & I | #DSMadventures #honoraryauntie



No comments:

Post a Comment