April 11, 2014

Today...

Today is different. Today is exciting. Today is emotional. Today is new. Today has been coming for a long time now...

Today is my last day at a job that I've held for 6 years, 2 months and 7 days. I woke up this morning at 5:30 am feeling refreshed and ready to start my day with a sweaty 60 min yoga sculpt class. I needed to begin this day on my mat, present in this moment that has been brewing for what feels like so long now. 

The decision to leave the comforts of a job and routine so familiar and so "good on paper" was a not an easy one; in fact it's been downright scary at times, but I knew I had to make the change. I've learned so much during this time and in this place, and I was never going to feel completely ready, but the time had come that I had to jump. I had to leap with my heart full of optimism and faith in myself and not look back. Thankfully, I have an incredible network of support around me - family and friends who encourage me to follow my dreams and pursue that which will leave my heart and soul feeling fulfilled at the end of the day. 

In 11 days I leave for Costa Rica to take what I am happily referring to as a mini sabbatical. The opportunity to live life for almost 2 months in a beautiful country, where I will no doubt learn a great deal about myself and continue to discover who I am, spend time with people I care about, work on projects that fulfill and motivate me, and plan for the future - one. day. at. a. time. It's an opportunity I simply could not let pass by me.  

Upon my return from Central America I get to follow my passion into the food & natural products industry by working with my family's company and contracting other exciting projects with individuals I have come to know and respect immensely. All in the spirit of good food, good living and doing good for all that is bigger than me and bigger than us. 

Making big life changes is scary, sure - but what's even scarier is regret. I feel it in my bones that I am meant to pursue what's in sight. I know it won't be easy, but I am ready for the new challenges and experiences that await me on the other side of change... 




7 comments:

  1. Ahhh congrats, Ashley! It is so scary to break away from that comfort zone - but you'll be rewarded ten-fold for it when its all said and done with. Best of luck to you, pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Britta!!! Scary + wonderful + exhilarating. The only way to move forward and get to where I know I belong :) Thanks so much for your support - I hope to see you in the near future and continued success to you as well, lady! XO

      Delete
  2. I am so excited for you Ashley! Congrats on taking this amazing journey! I can't imagine how bitter sweet this moment is for you. I hope you continue to post on your journey in Costa Rica so we can all live vicariously through your beautiful words and photos. Best of luck in Costa Rica and upon your return to work with your family's company. Sending you positive vibes always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Heather! It means more than you know :) I know you are continuing to do great and exciting things as well - and I wish you the best, as always. I will be spending some time in Iowa when I get back so we should definitely connect then! xo

      Delete
    2. That would be great! I would love to connect with you when you get back!

      Delete
  3. what great peace of info. thanks for sharin g this usefull information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great peace of info thanks for sbharing.

    ReplyDelete