August 20, 2012

Yusho - Sunday Noodles Style

This past Sunday I took one of my best friends out to lunch as a belated birthday treat.  I had a bachelorette party the previous weekend on Saturday night when her original celebration took place - but I knew I'd be making it up to her.  Megan is a bit of a foodie, like myself, and she loves trying new & unique places.  What better gift could I give her than a super yummy meal at the other "Best New Restaurant" nominee in Chicago?

Enter Yusho.


Inside Yusho

Yusho is located in Logan Square - a neighborhood which I have spent very little time, therefore I was taunted the entire walk after our meal from Kedzie down Milwaukee - with it's cute shops, amazing restaurants and adorable neighborhood charm, I decided I must return for more...soon.

The restaurant itself was an eclectic mix of vintage and industrial light fixtures, exposed brick & simplistic flare.  They boast a regular dinner menu (opening at 5 pm each day) but Sundays the Yusho team opts for a $20 per person, three course Noodles menu - which includes a drink (one alcoholic and one house-made soda option) and soft serve for dessert.

We immediately knew we'd each choose a noodle dish and share, so we decided to go with the Soba - a cold, delicately composed dish with excellent chicken drummies served on the side - and the Shrimp Ramen.  Our server thought we said Mushroom Ramen instead of shrimp, which wasn't evident until the dish was placed piping hot before us, but it was all good because it literally was all good!  But mark my words, I will be back for the shrimp...I'll also be back on a non-Sunday to try out the regular menu - a restaurant voted one of the top 50 in the country is worth a second trip at the very least!





Soba noodles with a side of chicken drummies - so good!

Mushroom Ramen - the "angry red ball" was a spicy soft boiled egg - also came with a side
of tofu but we weren't sure what else was with the tofu - interesting composition at least! 

(very) Basil soft serve with baby coconut macaroon balls


No comments:

Post a Comment